To be married in the Church in the parish, one of the couple must normally be:

  • either resident in the Parish (by arrangement a resident in the parish of New Haw),
  • or on the Church Electoral Roll;
  • or have a qualifying connection.

Normally one of the Parish clergy will conduct the ceremony. Marriage preparation classes are held on a regular basis, which many couples find both helpful and enjoyable.

Initial contact about weddings in the Parish should be with the Parish Office (Tuesday & Thursday Afternoons)  (01932 342 263). Email

There are standard fees set by the Church of England and Parochial Church Council for weddings in the Parish. The organist will usually play, and the choir sing at these services, for which additional fees are payable.

More information can be found on the Church of England’s “Your Church Wedding” web site.

The St John’s premises are available for bookings for Wedding Receptions.
click here for further details