As the friendly congregation at St John’s grows, we seek to appoint a Parish Administrator to support the Vicar, Churchwardens and wider staff team. The post will be for a 12 month fixed term from January 2017, and part time for 8 hours per week. Ideally, the hours will be 9.30-11.30 Tues-Fri, although some flexibility may be possible. Starting rate of pay – £9 per hour, paid monthly in arrears.
• Acting as the first point of contact for all enquiries to the Church Office
• Providing administrative support to the Vicar and Church team
• Managing the bookings diary for the Church & Cornerstone Centre
• Producing a weekly notice sheet
• Producing occasional service sheets
• Other duties as required to support the running of an active church (as detailed in the full Job Description)
Those applying should be able:
• to demonstrate skills and experience that will deliver the above duties
• be able to work both independently and collaboratively
• to act with complete confidentiality and compassion towards others within St John’s, and the wider community which we serve
• to have an understanding of, and sympathy with the Church of England, and recognise that parish life is incredibly varied
For more details:
Please email Amanda Hodson, PCC Secretary (email email@example.com) for a detailed Job Description, or to arrange an informal discussion about the role.
If you have the necessary gifts, skills and experience, please email your CV and letter of application to Amanda Hodson (email above).
Closing date: 31st December; interviews will take place in early January.