On 16th June at St John’s, West Byfleet Centenary Fete there will be free vintage double decker bus rides to St Mary’s, Byfleet. These will commence at 11am. At St Mary’s visit the church or the grave of Byfleet’s own World Land Speed Record Holder, Parry-Thomas.
Originally West Byfleet was part of the parish of St Mary’s, Byfleet. In recognition of the close links between the two churches, St John’s have arranged with The London Bus Museum, to run the 1949 ex London Transport double-deck bus between the churches for the duration of the fete. The bus will depart St. John’s on the hour and St Mary’s on the half hour. The first departure is at 11am.
Nostalgic memories for the older generation or new experiences for the younger!